Coach Patrick was a reluctant runner who only started running so that he didn’t feel lazy while his wife was out pounding the pavement. He had previously been involved in rock climbing, where he was ranked first in the region for his age group in 2001, and has also guided outdoor rock climbing and kayaking trips for Texas A&M University. Patrick fell into triathlon by chance when a friend’s company was one of the main sponsors for the inaugural Toyota U.S. Open in 2007. After completing their first triathlon, he and his wife were hooked. Since then, racing and training has become an endeavor that they have been able to enjoy together.
Patrick has been racing triathlon since 2007 and has been a USAT Level I Certified Coach since 2011. He started coaching in order to help novice athletes find their potential and more experienced athletes to break new ground by utilizing proven training methods.
Along with helping athletes understand the complications of swim form, his specialty is being adaptable to each athlete’s specific needs. Whether it be time constraints, age or experience he’s able to cater a plan to meet an athlete’s goals based on their life parameters.
- 2013 Rose City Triathlon (1st AG)
- 2013 Disco Sprint (1st AG, 7th OA)
- 2013 TexasMan Sprint (2nd AG)
- 2013 St. Patrick’s Day Sprint (3rd AG)
- 2012 Ironman Coeur d’ Alene
- 2012 New Year’s Double Half Marathon (4th AG, 14th OA)
- 2011 Ironman Texas 70.3
- 2011 Invited to participate in USAT Olympic Distance National Championship
- 2011 Paddle, Pedal & Pound The Pavement Sprint (1st AG, 5th OA)
- 2011 New Year’s Day Half Marathon (2nd AG, 11th OA)
- 2010 Paddle, Pedal & Pound The Pavement Sprint (1st AG)
- 2010 Ironman St. George
- 2009 Rockledge Rumble 15K Trail Race (2nd AG, 9th OA)
- 2009 Lonestar Half Iron
- 2008 Rockledge Rumble 15K Trail Race (2nd AG, 15th OA)
- 2008 Blackland Sprint (3rd AG)
- 2008 Prairieman Sprint (3rd AG)
- 2007 Rockledge Rumble 15K Trail Race (2nd AG)